We hope you and your families are staying safe and well during this time. As we enter another lock-down I wanted to update you about how things will be affected at Bean Oak Dental Care for the upcoming month, and possibly beyond.
Firstly, be reassured that we are open and we will be open for the foreseeable future. During this lock-down, dental services are to proceed, but even now, we are not at the level we were pre-Covid, and might not be able to be back at that level for a few months yet. As before, we are still prioritising emergency appointments as much as we can, but cannot promise that a same day appointment will always be available. We are completing our outstanding treatments during the previous lock-down, as well as patients targeted as vulnerable that need to be seen as soon as possible. If you are due an appointment after being seen as an emergency, and still haven’t got an appointment date yet, please do not hesitate to email or call us to check your appointment status, but be assured we are trying to get around to you as soon as possible.
In the surgery there are a number of changes to make your appointment with us safe as possible:
- There is a one-way system in the reception area for entrance and exit. Try to maintain social distancing in the surgery, and always bring a mask. Please try to maintain distance from our staff when you can
- Closed door policy which means no patients can wait in the waiting room. Please do not attend too early, we don’t want you to stand outside too long
- If you are elderly and attending by foot, please let reception know so we might be able to book you in early in the session and minimise your wait
- We are still checking temperatures of patients on arrival to the surgery (as well as each staff member each day)
- All patients must complete pre-screening COVID questionnaires
- We request that all payments should be done by card, not cash
One of the biggest issues with dentistry during Covid is the generation of aerosol water vapour and its clearance from a room after treatment. Initially, we have needed to leave each surgery empty for a whole hour between treatments, hence the reduced capacity. With recent Government guidance regarding air extraction and dentistry, we have invested in and will be installing a number of extractor units in each of the dental surgeries with the hope that this will enable us to be able to see more patients.
We wanted to thank you for your patience and continued understanding over these difficult few months. It has been a challenging time for a small local business like ourselves and for you all, and we really value your loyalty and support. A massive thank you all for the kind wishes and reviews over the last few weeks, it has really meant a lot.
If you have anything you want to discuss please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get back to you as soon as we can, but please bear with us, as it might not be straightaway… we are trying though !
Sincerely and kind regards
DR ZAKI ANWAR